GSK Scholars Program
The annual scholarship is $5,000. Each scholar also receives a new laptop.
Eligibility and Requirements
The first GSK scholars were selected based on student academic performance and interest in academics and in service learning. They serve as:
- Undergraduate peer tutors for the 12 mathematics and science courses, and
- Moderators for student focused group discussions when needed.
These scholars must also participate in two research internships, an annual Individual Development Plan and make concrete steps toward entering Graduate or Professional School at the end of their matriculation at NCA&T.
Applicants for the Dean’s GSK Scholarships should meet the following requirements:
- Be a full-time STEM major with 3.0 or higher GPA
- Be willing to contribute 10 hours per week to assist the Center’s active learning and student assessment initiatives
- Have a strong desire to pursue graduate study in a STEM discipline or professional school after graduation